Sunday, February 27, 2011

In awe...of the One who gave it all..

While driving just now, the song: The Stand (2010 Awakening Album) from a random collection of songs, was played. Somehow, it reminded me about 5 years ago..even my blog's name is derived from the this particular song's lyrics...Completely to You. It wasn't just about the blog...but the passion to serve when I first arrived in uni, the fervency of my prayers and all that I wanted to accomplish within these 5 years for God.

With only 3 months ahead left in Uni, my final uni days, I definitely have a lot to reflect on and ponder about. Yes so first of all, how much have I accomplished for God? There's just a handful of people whom I have shared my faith with. I could have done better. But God is good - two of my closest friends went to church after all these years.:) Awesome! I have been praying for them a bit..lent my bible... it may be the first step but I believe a little seed has been planted. :)

Testimonies - yesss, I have lots of them!:) Some may be a little technical to describe in dental terms, but all in all: God has been so faithful. I remember how I struggled in 1st year, thinking I might be in the wrong course, if I've made some wrong choices, being bitter about scholarships, struggling to even pass exams, struggling to like the new way of studying, adapting to a new church...all that! Somehow, God's assurance was always there.

My spiritual walk - there were ups and downs. And in the 'downs'..the 'ups' just gets nullified. I doubted, I questioned, I demanded, I cried my way through these times..only to find God at the bottom of it all.. He knew..He knew all along. He knew EVERYTHING.

"You stood before my failure..carried the cross for my shame"

Friends - God brought many to my life. At different points of my life, they taught me different things. Good friends may not be walking alongside you all the time, but they will be able to catch up with you from where they have left off. Good friends remember your birthday even though they may be half a globe away, geographically. Good friends buy you real flowers on your birthday, knowing they're gonna die anyway, and even though they cost double the price; just because you like flowers. :P Good friends stand up for you. Good friends tell you to your face that they don't like a particular trait of yours, not to other people. Good friends email you to know what's happening in your life. (ok...now it sounds like I've adopted this from some random forwarded friendship email..I can assure you, it's not.) LOL..

Family - I LOVE MY FAMILY. I should get this printed on a t-shirt or something. :D I've learnt the hard way how family stands by you no matter what the circumstances are. They see the worst part of you...and they live with it. (Isaac lets me pinch him to bits.) And they love you anyhow. Isn't that great? :D

Just to continue, I was thinking about my blog again in the car after I heard this song. I was wondering why am I stubbornly not giving it up til now.. since I don't update it that often. Sometimes I think no one wants to/bothers to know others' thoughts. So most of the time I just refrain from blogging. But it's amazing how God hears every little thought that creeps into your mind. For my little negative thought was nullified once again (instantly) by a card from Qiu Ping. It was a cute, hand-made card, with a bible verse and a picture of us during Jamie's farewell. Most importantly, it was the words in the card that I was truly encouraged by. Words meant a lot to me. Haha..but I'm not sure about the impact of this to my determination to blog.

I shall........ keep an irregular update as I always have. =D

No comments: