Thursday, March 19, 2009

Patients.

woohoo... i jus had my 2nd patient today!

God is gracious indeed.. for every session i prayed earnestly that my patients will turn up so at least i can learn something from d session and both encounters were testimonies:

a) my first ever pt whom i have been praying for by name, (a week before i even met her) did not turn up BUT...she did call d day b4 and d receptionist arranged another patient who turned up!!
so far..he has been a very compliant pt..and im absolutely grateful for that.:)

b) my 2nd patient did not turn up today...BUT another walk-in patient was available at that moment itself..and his case was fascinating indeed.

God is a God of Providence amen.

haha...the experience of being in clinics is exhilarating; it's all you've been studying since the day u stepped into a dental course. now that i'm able to put it all into practise. no more simulators (ah sim) to fiddle with.

currently i have just managed to do oral prophylaxis - scaling with HAND instruments. *ultrasonic scalers will come later.:P

im jus thankful that amidst the 'fragrance' of oral cavities, the multitudes of debris/plaque/calculus in any given person's mouth and the moist-ness of wet saliva in the mouth, i find joy in what i do!

perhaps i have yet to face the stress which my seniors face nowadays while dealing with patients.. so i shall continue to pray dat God will grant me strength for each day; dat He wil only give me what i can handle each day.



a gllimpse of me in my scrubs..:D yes...BATA shoes all over again...!!

1 comment:

que sera-sera said...

It's PALLAS shoes!! Better than Bata la..hahahahaha :P